Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Miracle Prayer

Father Rookey during a healing service in 
Medjugorje 1995

Do you want a spiritual miracle?

I would.  Let's try this.  It was written by Fr. Peter Mary Rookey, a priest.

Who is Fr. Rookey? 
 In 1948, after having been healed miraculously from blindness, Fr. Peter Mary Rookey formed the Servite Order in Ireland. Father has traveled the world using his charism, including many trips to Medjugorje.

In Medjugorje, Father was asked to bless a young boy in a wheelchair, and after having blessed the young boy, Father ordered the boy to stand up. The boy stood up and walked to Fr. Rookey and fell sobbing with joy into his arms!


Fr. Rookey shares what he calls a Miracle Prayer.  He tells us to say this prayer faithfully, no matter how you feel, while holding a crucifix of any size.

When you come to the point where you sincerely mean each word fully with all of your heart, then you will experience something spiritually good.  You will experience Jesus, and HE will change your whole life in a very special way.

I am going to try praying this each morning, and I'll report back.  If you try it too, and experience something spiritually good, please let me know with a comment to this post.  

The Miracle Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come before you just as I am. I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In your name I forgive all others for what they have done against me.

I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give you my entire self, Lord Jesus now and forever. I invite you into my life, Jesus. I accept you as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul, and spirit.

Come, Lord Jesus, cover me with your precious blood, and fill me with your Holy Spirit. I Love You, Lord Jesus. I Praise You, Jesus. I Thank You, Jesus. I shall follow you every day of my life. Amen.

Mary my mother, Queen of Peace, all the Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.     

5 comments:

  1. Is Fr. Rookey still living? I have heard of a Fr.Rookey who lives in Illinois and am wondering if its the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the same person as the Fr. Rookey in Illinois. Here are a couple links on him: http://frrookeyicm.com/about_fr__rookey
    http://ingodscompany2.blogspot.com/2008/09/fr-peter-mary-rookey.html

    He would be 94 now, and my google didn't turn up an obituary or other notice of his passing, so I am assuming he is still part of the church militant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Fr. Rookey died in his sleep during the night of Sept. 9/10 2014. Visitation and funeral mass - www.servte.org

      Delete
    2. Father Rookey died in his sleep this week. www.servite.org

      Delete

  3. The Miracle Prayer- (In its exact entirety)



    Lord Jesus, l come before You, just as I am. I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me In Your name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. l give You my entire self. Lord Jesus, now and forever, I invite You into my life Jesus, I accept You as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit.

    Come Lord Jesus cover me with Your precious blood, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit, I love You Lord Jesus. I praise You Jesus. I thank You Jesus. I shall follow You every day of my life. Amen.

    Mary my mother, Queen of Peace, St. Peregrine, the cancer saint, all you angels and Saints please help me. Amen.

    ReplyDelete