Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Prayer for Holy Living by St. Thomas Aquinas

 
In honor of St. Thomas Aquinas's feast day today 1/28/2013, wanted to share this prayer of his that I often prayed as a young woman.
 
Prayer for Holy Living
by St. Thomas Aquinas
Grant me, I beseech Thee, almighty and all-merciful God, that I may ardently desire the grace to investigate wisely, and perfectly fulfill whatever may be pleasing to Thee. Guide my course in this world unto the honor of Thy name. Vouchsafe to me the proper inspiration, will and talent for all that Thou demandest from me, that I may fulfill it as I should, and may my path to Thee, I beseech Thee, remain straight and clear to the end.
Give me, O Lord, a steadfast heart which no unworthy passion can degrade; give me an unconquerable heart which no sorrow can cast down; give me an upright heart which no lowly ambition can lead astray.
Fill me, O Lord, with understanding, that I may know Thee as Thou art; with zeal that I may seek Thee; with wisdom that I may find Thee; and with perseverance that I may finally embrace Thee.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer, Colleen...Thanks for sharing it. +

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Colleen! I love how he prays for different ways for God to change his heart. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete